Veterans Outreach Center.


VCP's Veterans Outreach Center provides a variety of support services to Veterans in the Kansas City metro-area.


Veterans are asked to bring a form of military verification (ie: DD-214 with picture ID, VA ID card, or state issued ID with military designation). If you do not have an ID, you can request a copy of your DD-214 at the National Archives or call VCP for assistance.

Walk-In Services include:

  • Food and Hygiene Kits

  • RideKC Veterans Pass

Services by Appointment include:

  • Rent/Utility Assistance

  • Employment Supports

  • Discharge Upgrade Services

  • Military Documentation Services

  • Counseling Referrals

  • Housing Referrals

  • Case Management

  • Dental Care




Veterans Outreach Center

8825 Troost Avenue

Kansas City, MO. 64131



Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 

9:30 am - 3:30 pm


Appointment Only 



Emergency Assistance Funds.

VCP provides financial assistance and case management to Veterans in the Kansas City or Northern Colorado area who are experiencing a financial crisis, prioritizing those at risk for homelessness. 

A trained VCP case manager will work with each eligible Veteran to create a plan that addresses immediate needs and promotes long-term stability. Please note that all financial assistance is sent directly to a mortgage company, landlord, or creditor once approved. VCP can only support one emergency financial request per household.

General Eligibility.

Emergency Assistance applications are open to Veterans with permanent addresses in the following areas:

  • Kansas City (Cass, Jackson, Johnson, Clay, Platte, and Wyandotte counties)

  • Northern Colorado (Boulder, Weld, and Larimer counties)  

Applying for Funds.

To apply for funds in Kansas City, please visit the Veterans Outreach Center at 8900 Troost (KC, MO 64131) or call 816-599 - 6503 during regular business hours.

To apply for funds in Longmont, please call 720-340-2916 during regular business hours. 

For all requests, you will need copies of the following documents:

  • DD214 or proof of Veteran status (VA ID card, Veteran designation on state ID, etc.) 

  • A bill or landlord letter for the housing expense

  • Income verification/last paystub

  • Photo ID

RideKC Veterans Pass.

Any Veteran can ride KC metro area buses for FREE with the RideKC Veterans Pass.

VCP will begin issuing the 2021-2023 Veterans Pass starting Wednesday, January 6th at the Veterans Outreach Center (8825 Troost, KCMO) during regular business hours.

Veterans must bring a form of military identification and a photo ID. The initial card is free of charge; lost cards have a replacement fee. 

Additional Resources.