top of page

Emergency Assistance Funds.

VCP provides financial assistance and case management to Veterans, prioritizing those at risk for homelessness. 

A trained VCP case manager will work with each eligible Veteran to create a plan that addresses immediate needs and promotes long-term stability. Please note that all financial assistance is sent directly to a mortgage company, landlord, or creditor once approved. VCP can only support one emergency financial request per household.

General Eligibility.

Emergency Assistance applications are open to Veterans with permanent addresses in the following areas:

  • Kansas City (Cass, Jackson, Johnson, Clay, Platte, and Wyandotte counties)

  • Northern Colorado (Boulder, Weld, and Larimer counties)  

What You'll Need.

Before starting the application process, please scan or take a photo of the following documents. You will have the opportunity to upload them to the form. If you need assistance, please bring your documents to the Veterans Outreach Center.  

  • DD214 or proof of Veteran status (VA ID card, Veteran designation on state ID, etc.) 

  • A bill or landlord letter for the housing expense

  • Income verification/last paystub

  • Photo ID

bottom of page